Girl In Baseball Cap Against Mural Ootd 2
Alanna Martine Kilkeary / Her Campus
Style

According to NYFW, Animal Prints Are Back

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

New York Fashion Week for Autumn/Winter 2019/2020 was February 8 through the 16 and among many trends that were seen, one that is coming back from the early 2000s is animal print. Many designers, including Marc Jacobs and Michael Kors, were seen featuring various animal prints on the runway. I remember zebra print being super popular in the early 2000s but falling away in the past several years. Well, if you were someone who never wanted them to disappear, you are in luck because they are making a comeback. Here are a few of my favorite looks.

Marc Jacobs Fall 2019 RTW

Kate Spade Fall 2019 RTW

Michael Kors Fall 2019 RTW

Now, if a full length purple leopard print coat isn’t for you, there are still subtle ways in which you can incorporate animal prints into your wardrobe without going over the top.

One of my personal favorites is by adding a cheetah print bootie to any simple outfit. It still looks sophisticated while being fun as well! 

If you want to be a little bit bolder, you could throw on a leopard print coat to spice up your outfit. 

No matter whether you decide to work animal prints into your look this fall or not, they are definitely making a strong comeback!

Natalie is a freshman fashion merchandising student with a double minor in marketing and fashion media at Kent State. At home in Springboro, Ohio she enjoys spending time with friends, family, and her dog, Maci. Her interests include fashion, beauty, lifestyle, dogs and much more! In high school, she danced and participated in her high school's choir and theater program. While her studies are very important to her, she does enjoy being involved in many clubs and organizations including the Fashion Student Organization, Modista, and of course Her Campus. She hopes to one day live in a big city working for a fashion magazine, and just generally doing what she loves.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.