Girls Pumpkins
Girls Pumpkins
Breanna Coon / Her Campus
Style

5 Thanksgiving Outfit Inspos for Every Occasion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

One of my favorite parts about the holidays is curating a look for every occasion, and what better time to kick the season off than Thanksgiving? This holiday break is just around the corner and every college student (myself included) is counting down the days to go home and spend some much-needed time vegging out with family. Whether your plans are to stay in, go out with your friends or spend time with your family, we’ve got you covered for outfit inspo. Every type of turkey day celebration deserves its perfect fashion counterpart, so keep reading to find your next holiday fit. 

Staying In

If your perfect Thanksgiving involves eating pumpkin pie and watching the parade from the comfort of your couch, break out your comfiest athleisure and get comfy. 

Family Party

Bundle up in a sweater, overalls and tights to prepare for the chilly weather and any questions from your family about your love life, school and/or career.

Dressy Event

For a bit more of a formal event, try layering a turtleneck under a silk slip for extra warmth without sacrificing style. 

Out to Eat

A milkmaid blouse + layered necklace combo is the perfect balance of dressy and casual for those who ditch turkey and cranberry sauce in favor of a restaurant dinner.

Friendsgiving

For a chill day reuniting with your friends over break, pair a graphic tee with some plaid and a beanie.

If you found some inspiration for your holiday look, make sure to tag @hercampusstyle on IG to be featured!

Sarah is a fashion merchandising major with a minor in fashion media at Kent State University. A New Jersey native, she relocated to Ohio to study at KSU. She is also a web writer for A Magazine and The Burr Magazine, as well as a community member of CollegeFashionista. When she isn't writing or studying, you can find Sarah online shopping, chugging coffee or watching horror flicks.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.