5 fun things to do in the summer in Cleveland

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Summer break is coming in fast and hot. Having a vacation off from college is truly a blessing. There are so many things do in the summer around the Cleveland area. I believe that you should never be bored during the summer. To help get your summer plans rolling, I’ll share with you five fun things to do in or around Cleveland during the warmest months of the year.

1) Go to an Indians game

If you’re from Cleveland, this is most definitely a must.

(source)

2) Grab dinner in the Flats

There is an area in Cleveland that is known as the Flats. It is filled with so many restaurants that are worth trying and a lot of them have a view of the Cuyahoga River. Dinner with a view? Count me in!

(source)

3) Spend a day at Cedar Point

Cedar Point is about over an hour drive from Cleveland, but it is definitely worth it. Cedar Point is a giant amusement park with thriller roller coasters. They also have games and activities.

(source)

4) Check out the Great Lakes Science Center

Listen, this place is actually pretty amazing. They have so many different and fun scientific gadgets you can play with. It is so worth your time.

(source)

5) Visit the Cleveland Zoo

To be completely honest, the zoo is one of my favorite places. I visit it twice a summer, every summer. They have so much variety from rides to petting zoos. It is just fantastic.

(source)

There are seriously so many more things to do in Cleveland than just these five things. I just wanted to help you get your summer bucket list rolling. Happy almost summer, collegiates!

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.