This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Spring has sprung and with it, the weather can be all over the place and mostly rainy. So what do you do when the weather is forcing you to stay indoors, but you are sick of being confined to your house? I always find myself in this situation, so to help you out, here are the five best places I have found near the Kent State University campus to spend your gloomy spring days.

OutRage rage room

This stress-relieving activity is a great pick because it is located right outside of campus and it is the perfect place to get rid of any rage you may have left over from your last exam. This rage room is fully stocked with breakable items and plenty of bats to let out all of your frustrations.

Spins Bowl Kent

Bowling is a classic but trusted rainy day activity. I have been going to this bowling alley since I first learned how to stand up long enough to push a bowling ball down a lane. This is a great choice because you can go by yourself or with a group of friends. They also have an arcade where you can try your luck with the claw machine.

One Love Yoga Studio

One Love is located inside the old silk mill in downtown Kent. They offer a variety of different yoga classes for all skill levels. If you are feeling like more of a challenge, they also offer aerial silk classes and barre. This is one of my favorite rainy day activities because the studio looks out onto the river and you can watch the rainy days go by during an amazing slow-flow yoga class to calm any leftover nerves you may have from midterms. 

All Fired Up- Akron

This activity is a short drive from campus, but it is totally worth it. If you have any sort of a creative side to you, you will love the experience that All Fired Up in Akron offers. They have a variety of different crafts that you can choose from. My personal favorites are pottery painting and tumbler making. This is also a good location for different price ranges. Depending on what you choose to do, it can cost you as low as twenty dollars.

MovieScoop Kent Plaza Cinemas
tao and elle on a movie date in heartstopper season 2
Netflix/See-Saw

MovieScoop is my go-to movie theatre for any rainy day. It is the perfect theatre because they are located right outside of campus. They also have comfy reclining chairs, affordable snacks and student deals on movie tickets. So even when you are on a budget you can enjoy a movie night by yourself or with friends. Also, after COVID-19, it is nice to get out of the house and watch a new movie for change. 

I hope this article made you less gloomy about this below-average weather we have been having lately. So the next time that the sun tricks you into thinking it is a nice day and you end up getting rained out you know where to go. Have fun!

EmilyJo Jaeger

Kent State '23

EmilyJo Jaeger is a senior journalism major at Kent State University. She is a writer and reporter for HerCampus, KentWired, and The Burr Magazine. In her free time, she enjoys hanging out with friends, shopping, cooking, doing yoga, and reading. Her favorite genres of books are fantasy, romance, and thrillers. EmilyJo fell in love with reading and writing when she was very young and now she enjoys writing about pop culture and wellness for young adult audiences.