21 Sex And The City Quotes That Every Woman Needs to Hear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

If you’re anything like me, living in New York City has likely been your dream since you new that such a city– filled with lights, shows, food, and shopping– existed. It’s because of this New York City dream that I watched Sex And The City a couple months ago– and what led me to continuously binge the show until I finished it completely.

If you’ve never heard of the show, just know that it’s about four best friends who represent the idyllic independent-woman-esque-life. Each woman represents something different: Charlotte is the morals-based romanticist, Miranda is the determined, headstrong lawyer, Samantha is the spunky party-goer, and Carrie is the inquisitive lover of words and writing.

With that said (even if you haven’t watched the show), there’s some true wisdom within the quotes that these girl bosses shared. Below are 21 sayings could really do every woman some good to hear.

“The universe may not always play fair but at least it’s got a hell of a sense of humor.” -Carrie 

“Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.” – Carrie

“I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it.”- Carrie

“Friendships don’t magically last forty years. You have to invest in them.” – Carrie

“I admit it’s tempting to wish for the perfect boss, or the perfect parent, or the perfect outfit, but the best anyone of us can do is not quit. Play the hand we’ve been given, and accessorize the outfit we’ve got.” – Carrie

“I will not be the first one to speak. And if he never calls me again, I’ll always think of him fondly, as an asshole.” – Carrie

“The most important break up rule: no matter who broke your heart or how long it takes to heal, you’ll never go through it without your friends.” – Carrie

“Maybe we can be each other’s soul mates. And then we can let men just be these great, nice guys to have fun with.” – Charlotte

“I want to enjoy my success, not apologize for it.” – Miranda

“I am fifty-f*cking-two, and I will rock this dress.” – Samantha

“The fact is, sometimes it’s really hard to walk in a single woman’s shoes. That’s why we need really special ones now and then to make the walk a little more fun.” – Carrie

“I revealed too much too soon. I was emotionally slutty.” – Carrie

“And why is it that we can see our friends perfectly but when it comes to ourselves, no matter how hard we look, do we ever see ourselves clearly?” – Carrie

“But the thing is this, after a while, you just want to be with the one that makes you laugh.” – Mr. Big

“The hard thing about fighting in relationships is that there’s no referee. There’s no one to tell you which comments are below the belt. As a result, someone usually gets hurt.” – Carrie

“When life gets this confusing, there is only one thing to do: attend a fabulous party.” – Carrie

“Eventually all the pieces fall into place, until then: laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason.” – Carrie

“The most important thing in life is your family. There are days you love them, and others you don’t, but in the end, they’re the people you always come home to.” – Carrie

“After a break-up, certain streets, locations, even times of day are off-limits. The city becomes a deserted battlefield, loaded with emotional landmines.” – Carrie

“Did I ever really love Big or was I addicted to the pain of wanting someone so unattainable?” – Carrie

“I like my money right where I can see it — hanging in my closet.” – Carrie

Linden Miller

Kent State '21

A current sophomore at Kent State University, Linden is a public relations major with minors in Spanish and early intervention. Linden is passionate about advocating for special needs students, training service dogs, and planning new trips abroad. In her free time, she can be found running at the local gym or taking her three dogs on a walk around downtown Cleveland.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.