You Should Totally Visit the Banksy Exhibition in Atlanta

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

Underground Atlanta is currently hosting The Art of Banksy: “Without Limits” which features original works by Banksy such as sculptures and also includes prints of his works.

The exhibition resides in Underground Atlanta until January and is open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays and from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.

When guests enter the exhibition, they are immediately pushed into an interactive installation. Banksy’s 2015 “Dismaland” security entrance serves as a the entrance to the exhibit and an employee will wave a cardboard metal detector over each guest while beeping to give the illusion of a real security check.

Along both sides of the exhibit are rooms dedicated to certain themes. Some of these rooms are installations themselves such as the “infinity room” dedicated to politics and a room featuring “Devolved Parliament” with audio and light effects.

The exhibition is expertly put together and the experience is amazing. The murals found around the exhibit were recreated by a team of creatives including the Atlanta-based street artists.

Banksy’s works are incredible and thought provoking. Even though not all of the works displayed are originals, it is still an amazing experience and a great opportunity to view his work.

Underground Atlanta is offering tickets at a discounted rate for all college students with a valid student I.D. from Oct. 27-31. Students will also get a free exhibition poster with their ticket, so take advantage of this deal and enjoy The Art of Banksy: “Without Limits.”

Emily Rubin

Kennesaw '22

Emily is a senior at Kennesaw State University.