This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

As the world pays tribute to basketball legend, Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna, dads and daughters have taken to social media to show their admiration for each other. There have been nearly 100,000 posts with the phrase “girl dad” after ESPN reminisced on how proud Bryant was to have daughters.

“Girls are the best. I would have five more girls if I could. I’m a girl dad.” — Kobe Bryant

This personally holds strong with me because my dad has always been boastful of my sister and I. He was a strong figure in my life as someone I could always rely on when I needed anything and my one of my biggest supporters for any event. 

Kobe and Gianna will forever live on in the hearts of girls and their dads, but also with those without a paternal figure. Some looked to Kobe as a father-like idol and felt deep agony for the passing of the star. He shed light on what unconditional love and support looked, not only to Gianna, but to Natalia, Bianka, and Capri. As we mourn these two great individuals, take a moment to appreciate those who have been fatherly towards you. 

Rest in Paradise, Kobe and Gianna Bryant, the Altobelli’s, Payton Mauser, the Chester’s, and Ara Zobayan. 

Hi! I’m Shayla, an Architecture major at Kennesaw State, class of 2024. I absolutely adore streetwear culture and fashion. My other interests include art, food, and of course, shopping! Check out my fashion blog on Instagram, instagram.com/shaylaadesha XO, Shayla
A collegiette's guide to life from the KSU chapter of Her Campus!