This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

Hellooooooo new month! October is FINALLY here. New movies, scents, clothing… I’m so overwhelmed! Kicking every new month off with a new mindset is crucial. It’s like, the refresh option on the computer, but for humans. Did you catch my personification there? No? Okay.

I love kicking off the month by buying new scents, décor, and clothing that resonates with the season. Years ago, I started establishing monthly self-care challenges because it’s critical to make time for yourself (at least once a day). I make a task/ activity that I am going to do for myself each day. Doing this has helped me out tremendously. This is why I am encouraging you to make a self-care month, too!

Add whatever it is that makes you joyful to your To-Do List for October. Keep in mind what these things are and continue to incorporate them into your life. Because my life revolves around school and family, I know it’s something I’ve had to improve on through the years. The good news is that taking care of yourself is acceptable.

You must take care of yourself in order to be the greatest version of yourself for your family, friends, and coworkers. You don’t want to be anxious and overwhelmed all the time. You want to make sure you set aside time each day to be at peace with yourself. This is what I love about these October activities for YOU: they all require you to accomplish something.

Embrace October as you’ve never experienced it before! When you have the opportunity, do as much for yourself as you can. It’s not about being self-centered; rather, it’s about being selfless. It’s about taking care of your body, mind, and spirit. We ensure that everyone in our lives is peaceful, relaxed, and stress-free; do the same for yourself. It’s quite acceptable to do so!

India Harris

Kennesaw '24

India is a 20 year old college student who loves expressing her thoughts, views and authentic- self through writing.