This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

College was something I had looked forward to ever since I graduated high school. I was tired of my small, mundane hometown and I was craving the freedom that I did not really have when I was living with my family. I remember looking at many vlogs about college life and how it was going to be the best years of my life. I wanted to go out and experience new places. Meet new people. Try something new. I could not wait to start my college life as a young adult.  

Of course, along the way, I did encounter many struggles. Making new friends was one of them. It was a little hard to actively go out and talk to people you do not know. I also struggled a bit in my classes throughout each semester. There were times when I even felt tired, alone, and stressed. I was even homesick at times. I had to deal with many things on my own and be my own cheerleader.  

But in the end, everything turned out okay. Although there were some negatives throughout my first year of college there were also some positives. I eventually made some new friends. I joined some clubs, I got a job, I went out to a few events on campus, and I managed to make it out of the year with good grades. Overall, I can say I enjoyed my first year of college; I can’t wait to see how my sophomore year will turn out.

Gahnique Bell

Kennesaw '25

Hey guys! My name is Gahnique Bell and I am an English Major and a Film Studies Minor here at Kennesaw State University! I'm essentially a huge nerd who loves to read, write, draw, play video games, and watch tv shows/movies! I also love to explore different places, learn about new things, and enjoy the company of my friends and family!