This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

Halloween is just around the corner! It’s time to dress in scary costumes and collect candy! Don’t forget about the awesome Halloween parties! But, if you’re like me and don’t have the money or don’t want to spend too much money on a Halloween costume here are some costume ideas that you can put together fast and easy.

1. Witch

Dressing up as a witch is probably one of the most popular and easiest costumes to wear on Halloween. They’re also fun and allow a ton of freedom since there are many different types of witches. Your imagination can really come into play with this costume idea.

What you can use:

-Witch Hat

-Broomstick

-Boots

-Dress/Tutu

-Striped Tights (or just regular tights)

Extra Items you can use Spell book (a simple journal would do), Glass bottles (for spells!), Jewelry

2. Pumpkin Scarecrow

Scarecrows are another classic Halloween costume. Pumpkins are also very popular during this time. Why not combine them both? You can also use this idea to create a regular scarecrow or pumpkin head person costume.

What you can use:

-Overalls

-Plaid shirt

-A pumpkin

-Straw

-Boots (or any pair of shoes)

-Straw hat

Extra items you can use: Makeup (if you prefer to do a regular scarecrow), Flowers (for the Fall aesthetic), a fake crow

3. Vampire

Like Witches, Vampires can be a cool costume to interpret since different kinds of vampires are shown in movies, tv shows, and books from the classic Dracula to the well know Vampire Queen Marceline from Adventure Time.

What you can use:

-A black dress and/or dress (or if you want to have a more casual look a simple red or black shirt will work)

-fangs

-Ripped Jeans or tights

-Black Converse/shoes

-makeup/face paint

Extra items you can use: A cape, fake blood, bat related jewelry, colored eye contacts, fake knife, wine glass

Bonus: A Black Cat

Bonus! This is probably the easiest costume to make out of the list. If you love cats this costume is puurr-fect for you! Can’t go wrong with dressing up as a cat for Halloween.

What you can use:

-All black clothing

-Cat ears

Extra items you can use: Whiskers, yarn, claws, tail

Gahnique Bell

Kennesaw '25

Hey guys! My name is Gahnique Bell and I am an English Major and a Film Studies Minor here at Kennesaw State University! I'm essentially a huge nerd who loves to read, write, draw, play video games, and watch tv shows/movies! I also love to explore different places, learn about new things, and enjoy the company of my friends and family!