How to Successfully Be A Busy Bee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

Look, I get it. We’ve all been there (and some of us *cough cough* are still here). It’s actually quite amusing when you tell everyone what you do and they either 1) look at you like there’s something on your face or 2) comment “WOW!” with the driest tone. It’s difficult being someone who has soooo many pots on one stove, but the longer you do it, the more you get used to it. However, that doesn’t mean that you’re immune from burnout.

Here are some tips to SUCCESSFULLY be a busy bee.

1. USE THE REMINDERS APP ON YOUR IPHONE

Yes, I said the Reminders app. This is probably one of the most powerful productivity tools on your phone. After filling out the reminder form, you can schedule when the reminder alerts you and how often the alert pops up on your phone as a push notification. In addition to that, you can flag each reminder based on importance and you can schedule it to appear at SPECIFIC LOCATIONS. Yeahhhh… Apple ate with that.

2. Use the stickies on your MacBook

Adding these to the sides of my screen have been a GAME. CHANGER. As college students, the majority of our work is completed from our laptops. I started using these because I started thinking: Why not keep the majority of my reminders where I can always see it? To access this, click the Launchpad icon, click Other, and then click the application that is titled “Stickies”. Put one of these in the top left corner of your screen and you will be good to go! The cool thing about this application is that you can have as many sticky notes on the screen as you want. You can change the color of the notes, change the fonts, the font size, and you can even import & export everything you type.

3. START DIGITAL PLANNING

You can do this in Google Calendar, but I personally love the way a monthly planner looks. Since I have an iPad, I have downloaded Paperlike’s Free Digital Planner to GoodNotes. The digital planner contains a yearly page, a monthly page, a weekly page, and a daily page. You can schedule your day take notes, and create to-do lists. Having your planner on a mobile device means you can carry one less book in your book bag.

4. Make time for yourself

You know it’s okay to say no, right? Stop making yourself so available to others when you barely have time for yourself. With that being said, know when to take a break and just enjoy life! Relaxing can mean different things to anyone, whether that means you’re hanging out with friends or simply laying in bed all Saturday rewatching New Girl on Netflix. You know what else? It’s O-K-A-Y to be lazy sometimes and not be an overachiever. Love yourself because if you are not at your best, you will not be able to successfully complete the tasks at hand.

Xoxo,

The Busiest Bee Of All

Sydnee Goode

Kennesaw '23

Sydnee Goode is a Senior Choral Music Education Major at Kennesaw State University. After obtaining her Master's and Doctorate Degrees, she plans on teaching collegiate choral ensembles and traveling to make/share music with students all around the world. Sydnee joined Her Campus to share her opinions and explore her options while making real world connections.