Career > Her20s

How to be THAT Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

I know, I know, I know… There is always so much talk about being that girl that you kind of forget HOW to be her. However, let’s look at the facts: It isn’t hard. 2023 is the #Rebrand year, so let’s make it count!

STOP talking, just do

In a world full of mediocrity, it is time that we start being GOOD at the things we do. If you have a talent, then hone your craft. Are you skilled at something? Stop doing things halfway because it is easy. If you are not good at what you do? That’s fine. Make it a point to be better than you were a day ago. Your only competition should be yourself.

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Do not overwhelm yourself with the endless cycles of “what ifs”. Do what you need to do in baby steps. As long as you are progressing, then you have already won!

Set boundaries

You know it’s okay to say “no”, right? That does not make you a bad person, nor does it make you a mean one. It’s time that we accept that selfishness can sometimes be a good thing. Why should we be demonized for doing what is best for OURSELVES?

BE KIND to others

Kind girls are Hot Girls. Period. Be intentional with your generosity and don’t expect things in return. THAT is true kindness.

mind your business

Part of self-care is not involving yourself in things that do not concern you. Don’t let foolishness disturb your peace.

Choose your perspective

Your perspective is either your prison or your power.

Enough said. Stop letting your fears of the future dictate what you do in the present. You deserve better.

Xoxo,

Thee Hottie