This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

It’s officially Fall! The weather is getting cooler, the leaves are changing and you may be feeling lonely if you don’t have that special someone to keep you warm. It also doesn’t help that most articles about the fall include activities that are best to do with a partner or a group of friends. Even if you desire to do things with someone else, doing this alone can be fun too! I’ll be giving you some fun things that you can do to enjoy Fall solo.

Find Some New Recipes
Lilo And Stitch Cooking GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

One of the best parts of fall is all of the warm foods we consume like soup, chili, pie and cookies. If you’re looking for something to warm you up once you come in from the cool air, find a new recipe online to enjoy. It never hurts to learn how to make a new dish, but it’s also just a great way to welcome the new season in.

Watch your favorite Halloween movie
Scary Movie Halloween GIF by HULU - Find & Share on GIPHY

Even though everything in your life can be stressful, always be sure to take the time to unwind every evening. A great way to do this is by watching your comfort Halloween movie while snuggled up under a blanket on your couch or bed. I wasn’t able to celebrate Halloween growing up, so one of my favorite things to do is find new movies I’ve never seen before.

Decorate Your home
Old Time Pottery GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

One thing that always makes me feel good is decorating for a particular season or holiday. You can find fall-themed doormats, kitchen towels, pillows for your living room, bed sheets and more. This will put you in a fall mood and make you feel good about being in your living space.

Knit or Crochet
Nervous Season 6 GIF by Paramount+ - Find & Share on GIPHY

Something I’ve always wanted to learn to do was knit or crochet my own blanket or scarf. If you want to learn a new skill while making something to keep you warm, this is a great way to do it. The items that you make can also become great conversation pieces when meeting someone new and they also make great gifts!

Make a Vision Board
Reality Show Goals GIF by NETFLIX - Find & Share on GIPHY

Now that we only have three months left before the year is over, it would be the perfect time to create a vision board with your goals for the last quarter of the year. Now that it’s the end of the year, you know exactly what you want. It’s always great to create a vision board so that you can have a visual reminder of what you would like to accomplish. If you want to do one quickly, Pinterest is perfect. However, Canva is my favorite because you get to create your own collage without having to use scissors or glue. If you have already created a vision board, this is also the perfect time to reflect and see what you have accomplished so far this year.

Go On a walk
Autumn GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Getting out of the house and receiving a daily dose of sunlight is so important in the Fall. This will give you a boost of serotonin and may lessen the effects of seasonal depression. It is also an amazing way to see all the beautiful fall foliage. Even just taking a walk around campus or going the long way to get to and from class is a great way to do this.

Join a fitness class
Friends Zumba GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

If you want to start working on your summer body, now is the perfect time to do so. Joining a fitness class is the perfect way to get fit and not feel so alone. If you don’t have a workout buddy, the perfect way to hold yourself accountable is by joining a class and having a set schedule for when you’ll be in the gym. You also can’t beat the feeling you get after working out.

Even if Fall isn’t your favorite season, I hope that this helps you find something to do this season. I hope that Fall treats you well and that even if you don’t always have someone to tag along with you, you still have a great time!

Vernesha Brown

Kennesaw '23

I'm Vernesha and I'm a junior Public Relations major. You can follow me on Instagram @_vernesha_ or on Twitter @vernesha219!