Friends at school
Friends at school
Original photo by Jaz Daley
Life > Experiences

Dear Her Campus at Kennesaw…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.
The Office Reaction GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

What can I say? How can I say it? How do I even show my appreciation and happiness to an organization that gave me so much? 

Imagine me standing in the middle of the Social Sciences building my first time at a university, and I’m not only late to class, but I have no idea where the class is. (Let’s not mention it was an 8 a.m. class, like really?) Not only was I like a scared lamb, but I didn’t know anyone (outside of my high school class) that went to Kennesaw State. (Yeah, I definitely felt like “fresh meat”) I was inspired to meet new friends, change my routine from when I was in community college, and put myself “out there” for a change. 

Bringing Her Campus to Kennesaw (literally) felt like a dream come true, and I created and continue to create an organization where people can be themselves, rely on each other, and be supportive in any way possible. It’s crazy to think these past four years are coming to a close, but the accomplishment I feel when I have members tell me, “I changed my major because of Her Campus,” or “I love Her Campus because I was able to find my best friends here” is not only fulfilling but it warms my heart. (Yes, I’m totally crying while typing this)

Sad Lilo And Stitch GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

I want to say to my gang, to my amazing Kennesaw chapter. You are all amazing, and I wouldn’t have the same college experience without you guys. You guys kept me moving and helped me keep my spirits up. I am grateful for the memories, the zoom calls, and the times we went out and had fun. I am proud of your resilience, caring nature, sense of humor, and just you guys in general. I’m leaving Kennesaw State, but I’ll never leave you guys. You are my family away from home. (even an hour away) I cannot wait to see how you change this world! I cannot explain in words how much you guys mean to me!!!

To Her Campus Media, thank you. I am walking away with a degree from Kennesaw, but I’m also walking away with skills and people I will have for the rest of my life. I’ve been a Campus Trendsetter, a Campus Expansion Assistant (CEA), a chapter leader, and a college fashionista, and who else can say that they have had so much to do with an organization. This is THE best organization to be a part of, no matter your major. I’m proud to be a part of an organization that continues to grow, learn, and promotes women’s strength. This company not only gave me the confidence I needed but gave me various tools, people, websites, and products that I can (and most definitely will) use in the future. We all know what they say about a woman on a mission, right? (Imagine me strutting down the street, okay thanks)

Work Out Woman GIF by Shalita Grant - Find & Share on GIPHY

If I had to choose one thing I loved about Her Campus, it would be everything. (I know, such a lame answer, right?) I have loved every second of HC though. The tablings, meetings, birthday celebrations, time on zoom, everything. I wouldn’t take not one thing away from this experience, and I would do it all over again if needed.

To my wonderful, fabulous, amazing Kennesaw chapter again, you guys will do so well, and I cannot wait to see where you take the chapter in the future. Thank you for the best 4 years at Kennesaw State University! (Someone pass me several boxes of tissue, thanks)

White Lotus Crying GIF by HBO - Find & Share on GIPHY

Love your Founder and ex-President,

Jaz

Game Over Mic Drop GIF by University of Florida - Find & Share on GIPHY
Jaz Daley

Kennesaw '22

Jaz Daley is an Alum from Kennesaw State University and she majored in Public Relations. Jaz is the founder of the Her Campus chapter at Kennesaw State and was the Campus Correspondent and President for 4 years. In her spare time, she likes to create various DIY projects, read, and hang out with her furbabies. She hopes to continue her studies and lead Disney's Public Relations team in the future.