This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

Last week I posted an article about safe ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your significant other. As a single woman, I realized I needed to share some ideas for other single ladies this year. This is a collection of some things I’ve done in the past to celebrate Valentine’s Day and some things I plan on doing this year or in the future!

Pamper Yourself

Spend Valentine’s Day alone by having a spa day! Use that bath bomb you’ve been saving and take a relaxing bath. Put on your favorite face mask and treat your skin with love. Paint your nails with cute heart details. Go all out on a Valentine’s makeup look and take some cute pictures of yourself. Spend the romantic holiday with self-love.

Binge Watch Romcoms

Pop some popcorn, get under your favorite blanket, and watch all the romcoms you can stand. Netflix and Hulu have pretty decent collections of classic and new romance movies and some that even take place on Valentine’s Day! If you have colorful lights in your room, turn them red or pink for a Valentine’s Day vibe.

Celebrate With Friends

If you have other single friends, celebrate with them! Have a socially distanced picnic, drink wine over a Zoom call, or meet up for a walk together. If you do meet up with friends, remember to keep your masks on and stay six feet apart. 

Celebrate With Family

Since many people aren’t planning on going out on dates this year, your parents might not be going out either. Visit home and have dinner with your family! If you want to help your parents have a Valentine’s Day date, you and your siblings could make a meal for them and set up your kitchen as a fancy restaurant. Pour them some wine and turn on some jazz music so they feel like they’re on a real date. 

Get Yourself a Gift

Valentine’s Day candy goes on sale the next day, but why not buy yourself a box of chocolates on the 14th instead? If you like stuffed animals, go buy one of those bears from the drugstore. Squishmallows are a huge thing right now and there are quite a few Valentine’s Day versions in stores! Buy yourself some flowers or those cute earrings you’ve had in your online shopping cart for weeks now. Be your own valentine and treat yourself! 

Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be a sad day for us, single ladies! There are tons of ways to celebrate self-love and enjoy the holiday on our own. I hope this list gives you some ideas for how to spend the day!

Emily Rubin

Kennesaw '22

Emily is a senior at Kennesaw State University.
A collegiette's guide to life from the KSU chapter of Her Campus!