5 Climate Change Phenomena's Happening Now

According to NASA's article climate change is is a long-term change in the weather's patterns that defines the Earth’s local, regional, and global climates. Here are five climate change phenomena's happening now.

1. 1. Global Temperature

The Earth is getting HOTTER! Yes, hotter! According to NASA's article, the Earth has increased by 1.62 degrees Fahrenheit and continues to rise!

2. 2. Higher Sea Level

The sea level, according to NASA's report, has risen to eight inches within the last century! If something isn't done soon to help climate change, islands, countries, or states could be under water soon.

3. 3. Iceburgs Reducing In Size

Our furry friend's in the Arctic are quickly losing their homes because of the icebergs shrinking, and scientist predict could disappear by 2100, according to the National Geographic.

4. 4. Loss of Animal Habitats

The increase in temperatures has made surviving on the Earth, for some plants and animals, harder to remain, and has even resulted in species going extinct.

5. 5. Increased Natural Disasters

NASA's report states the high-temperature events have increased while unfortunately, the low-temperature incidents have decreased. Meaning we could potentially have more flooding, hurricane's, or droughts.

Climate change is real, and it's happening right now. We have to work to improve our Earth now to make a healthier and long-lasting future!

All facts and statistics can be attributed to climate.nasa.gov and https://www.nationalgeographic.com