Review about the Securitas security organization visiting Kean University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

Do you want to work in security someday? Well, on Tues., February 25th, Securitas set up a table in the University Center on campus. You might be asking yourself what is Securitas Group and why should I join? Well, Securitas Group is a security company that works with more than 80% of the Fortune 1000 companies. Even better, this group has operations in more than 23 countries. Also, every day, more than 190,000 employees protect homes, work places, and communities.

There are a few perks to being an employee of Securitas. It is the employer of choice for people who want to work in security because of its outstanding professional training, provides opportunities for career advancement, has a 401(k) plan, provides medical and life insurance, and you can earn money while you are in school and while you train. The schedules are flexible and uniforms are free if they are required. The types of opportunities available include entry level jobs as security officers, console operators, corporate security professionals, customer service officers, and security supervisors. However, applicants must be at least 18 years old, have excellent communication skills, and access to transportation and means of communication.

Any Kean student who is interested in working for Securitas and securing a future in protective service picked up pamphlets at the table in the UC on Tuesday. For anyone else who is interested but who was not present on Tuesday can find out more information and apply any time at www.securitasjobs.com.

photo credit 

www.securitasjobs.com/

I graduated from Watchung Hills Regional High School and began Kean University in Fa 2013. My major is Psychology but it was formerly English. In high schoolI took AP courses in English Language and Composition as well English Literature Composition. I am considering going for a minor in English since it is still one of my favorite subjects. My hobbies are music, reading, writing, doing puzzles, and art.
I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.