This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

Some college students are packing their bags for Florida, the city, or other hot spots. A majority of students will stay on campus or at home. But nobody should worry. You can still have fun during your Spring Break without having to hop a plane, or getting a tan.

Some activities can be productive as well as fun. Anybody with disorganized, messy rooms should consider cleaning up and reorganizing, especially their closets and shelves. Rooms can also be re-decorated. Before and after cleaning up, one can also start or finish projects just to get them out of the way, or take the time to study for tests.

Fun activities can include going to the spa, which will definitely help you relax. Reading a book may sound boring, but reading can be fun depending on the book. If you live at home, you can start a vegetable, or flower garden when the weather starts to warm up. Hitting the gym is a healthy way to spend the break. For both commuters and dormers, spending time with family is a wonderful idea. Friends and schoolwork are important, but family you should never forget your family.

Every reader should know that there is always a way to have a good Spring Break. You do not have to go to the shore, or go to a lot of parties. Simply relaxing and doing small stuff can sometimes be more fun.

Photo credit 

abstract.desktopnexus.com

http://www.housebeautiful.com/decorating/organize/spring-cleaning-tips#slide-9

I graduated from Watchung Hills Regional High School and began Kean University in Fa 2013. My major is Psychology but it was formerly English. In high schoolI took AP courses in English Language and Composition as well English Literature Composition. I am considering going for a minor in English since it is still one of my favorite subjects. My hobbies are music, reading, writing, doing puzzles, and art.
I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.