Jasmine Leach: Kean University’s Her Campus President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

A true powerhouse is what comes to mind when referring to Kean’s very own Her Campus President Jasmine Leach. Journalism major in her senior year, Jasmine has gone full force this semester planning events, such as our Her Campus recruitment party and fundraisers that will definitely let our university know we are present and active.

As in any leadership position, the stress can definitely catch up to you; especially when you have to balance the multiple roles that often come along with being a college student. The role of her campus president requires a lot of passion which Jasmine definitely has.

“Being President of her campus Kean is definitely a lot of work .It can be quite draining but also a lot of fun.,” says Jasmine. “It can be draining when you have to go through a huge process of filling out forms to hold events and having to wait days for it to get approved.”

For Jasmine however, the fun aspects of leading a team are what make it all worthwhile.

“It’s a lot of fun when my members enjoy working for the magazine and attending events. It is also mind-blowing in the sense that my team has so many people in it and everyone is super creative which makes me see a new side to them,” says Jasmine. The hard work and dedication of her team, even when schedules are tight, is one of best rewards she could ever ask for as president.

But when the days get tough and with a long list of presidential duties, which include making agendas, planning events, meeting recruits etc., How does a girl stay relaxed…? By watching amazing movies and YouTube clips of course! Jasmine loves to watch clips of one of her favorite movies “Fast and Furious Six”, “The Vampire Diaries” and “The Originals”.

“The Originals” a prequel of “The Vampire Diaries” on the CW also serves as major leadership inspiration for Jasmine. Rebekah, a vampire from “The Originals”, go getter attitude is a quality that she really respects. In the show, Rebekah definitely knows what she wants and becomes unstoppable in her quest to get it. As fierce as Rebekah is, Jasmine find her ultimate leadership qualities in another “The Originals” character Marcel; a leader so gorgeous and fearless that can make any girl melt.

“I love Marcel from “The Originals” because he is a strong determined person, fights for what he wants, is down to earth, and gets things done.” gushes Jasmine. “I not only look up to him the most out of him and Rebekah, but I relate a lot to him, except for the whole getting rid of witches,” she jokes.

With a president as fierce as Jasmine we are sure she can handle a couple witches if the situation presented itself haha!

Looking into the future instead of working for a big magazine company in NY C like she originally planned, Jasmine sees herself taking a different route and working for a small journalism company hoping to plan events, interview, and work with photography. For now, Jasmine will continue to enjoy the rewards that the Her Campus Presidential role brings.

“My most rewarding experience [as president] is making my team proud of me and having them be proud of themselves.”-Jasmine Leach

[pagebreak]

Photo credit

Toast picture taken on Xirena Wormley’s camera

stuffpoint.com

Psychology major currently exploring my options. I love the creativity that writing allows. I love talking fashion, listening to Ed Sheeran, and watching Pretty Little liars :) Instagram: @simplydaris
I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.