Style > Beauty

A Girl’s Best Friend: A Book Review of “Beauty” By Lauren Conrad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

Just about every woman considers diamonds to be a girl’s best friend. When women go to a jewelery store and purchase them, they can find a major hole in their wallet.

However, there is no problem with spicing things up a little, right? Why not go for a best friend that will help in turning your life around for the better and make you feel like a strong, confident and hip individual?

Are you ready to know who this amazing, secret friend is?

This woman was in a very popular show called “Laguna Beach” and had a crush on an adorable, young gentleman known as Stephen Colleti. She was also the star of “The Hills,”  in which she gave everyone an inside scoop of her life in a new city, plus her new internship.

Are these clues starting to ring a bell? If you guessed Lauren Conrad, you would be correct!

Lauren Conrad is the author of a book called “Beauty.” In this book she discusses a range of topics, including healthy foods and the benefits to each.

For example, in the book she provides a large chart that has a list of different nutrients and what they are beneficial for in your body plus the foods you can find them in. In the section for Vitamin E she explains that the vitamin “gives you healthy skin and minimizes scars, burns, inflammations, and irritations.” As for the foods and drinks that have it, she explains that it can be accessed through “Fruit juices, spinach, asparagus, broccoli, nuts, nut oils.”

There is also great information on how to keep your skin healthy and clear. She even brings up an issue that many people go through, and that is stress. She provides a list of cool tips that she follows for relieving stress after having long days of traveling back and forth, attending long meetings, and working long hours in offices.

Lauren also provides her readers with workout routines that shape and tone each part of the body, including ones that she follows with her gym trainer.

In addition to all these fascinating tips, she gives women advice on how to choose hair products for each type of hair, plus the ingredients in them. In the same chapter that focuses on hair, she includes a various amount of photos of hairstyling tools and beautiful looks that women can create for any occasion. Lauren even has a chapter for different makeup looks and which products work best on different skin textures.

If you would like to get your hands on this fun and amazing guide that only costs around $22, you can find it at your local Barnes and Noble Bookstore as well as on Amazon.com. It will be one of the best purchases you ever make!

I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.