A Casual Style is a Fun Style!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

Tired of dressing up for class? We all heard the quote “everyday is a fashion show and the world is your runway,” but what happens when you just aren’t in the mood to walk the catwalk?

“It’s not always easy to wear a put together outfit everyday, especially after a long tiring week,” said Krista Gallo, a senior majoring in communications. “By Thursday, I like to mix it up and dress casually.”

There’s no need to throw away your fashion finesse, but a casual debonair style can be fun, carefree and fresh! “I don’t mind throwing something together quick in the morning,” Gallo said. “I think when an outfit is unplanned, it ends up being better.”

Gallo’s gray sweatshirt from American Eagle was the perfect canvas for her ombre jean jacket from Forever 21. “It took me forever to find a cute jean jacket, so I finally decided to look online,” Gallo said. “When I found it, I had to buy it.” It is hard to come by inexpensive jean jackets that still look chic, but Gallo got lucky.

She paired her assemble with dark, straight-legged denim jeans from H&M. “H&M is tricky with their sizes, but they always have good deals,” Gallo said. “I think I bought them for $24. I’m a bargain shopper.” With a college student budget, how could you pass that up?

Gallo included sparkly black TOMS to add some spice to the rest of the outfit. “ It’s funny. I usually don’t focus on shoes that much, but when there aren’t too many colors going on, I think it’s fun to add something to the look,” she said. Gallo realized that adding some oomph to her feet was the perfect touch to her subdued color combinations of gray and black.

Everyday can still be a fashion show, but we don’t always have to “dress up” for it. We all shouldn’t have to feel pressured to dress up everyday for class, especially if we are up late agonizing on a paper the night before. Sometimes, the best outfits are not planned or formal. Next time you don’t feel like dressing up to class, try aiming for something casual, comfortable but chic.