This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

Fashion to some is a way of competing with others, and to some it’s a way dressing for themselves.

For Candyce Pettinari, junior, business management major; fashion is a way of showcasing your personality.

“Your style says a lot about your personality; I don’t dress for other people,” said Pettinari. “I try to dress in things that make me feel good about myself.”

Almost everyone has a style inspiration or multiple ones and to Pettinari, it’s J-Lo.

“She always has a different look and keeps it classy,” said Pettinari.

Pettinari is open to many different styles.

“I try to mix it up, trendy, but not over the top,” said Pettinari.

Pettinari wears, royal blue wool, with leather sleeves and pockets from Ruby and Jenna. The pants are from Forever 21.

“I like to shop wherever I get the best bargains-Forever 21, Ruby and Jenna, and definitely the sale rack at Lord & Taylor; where you can pick up nice stuff at half off,” said Pettinari. 

Journalist and student with a passion for writing. I write for the sake of sharing my reality with all.
I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.