This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

Only 24 days until Spring officially begins. Though there are still bone-chilling Winter temperatures outside, planning your warm weather wardrobe maybe just what you need to thaw out.

This head-to-toe Spring guide to fashion is sure to help you look past this cold weather and get prepared for Spring which is just around the corner.

1. Sun Glasses

Vans Circle Eye Glasses- $12.00- urbanoutfitters.com

Sunglasses can add an unexpected flare to almost any outfit. These colorful circular framed glasses combine the best of all the eyewear fashion trends this year. Make a statement and choose glasses that are slightly unusual, but still fashionable.

2. Tops

Bold Abstract Geo Dress- $32.80- Forever 21

Geometric and abstract shapes are all over the runway. Spice up an outfit by pairing high waist pants with a geometric colored top. Or try an adorable abstract dress from Forever 21. These dresses are perfect for a day time look when paired with a blazer or it can transform into a night look for campus parties. You’ll be on trend and on budget with outfits like these.

3. Swim Wear

Fringe/ Ruffle bikinis and swim suits with cut outs are hot items for the Spring and Summer season. There are a variety of stores that are selling them and buying them early is always a good idea. You’ll have a better selection to choose from if you purchase you’re swim suit now instead of waiting for warmer weather like everyone else.

4.  Jewelry

Christina Link Necklace-$79.00-stelladot.com

One way to stay on trend is to follow the lead of celebrities and runway shows. Getting jewelry from a website like stelladot.com can ensure that you have all the accessories you need for spring. Multi-layered jewelry pieces and chains are a way to dress up any outfit or add an edgy appeal.

[pagebreak]

5.  Shoes

Platform sandals, gladiator heels, and strappy shoes are all in style for the Spring. Which look is right for you? Expressing your own sense of style is an essential part of putting together any outfit.

6. Bags

Chanel Rucksack- $3400 and up

This Chanel Rucksack is the perfect example of college fashion. Imagine walking around campus carrying your classwork in this chic street inspired back pack. This bag is pretty expensive, but getting a bag with the same rustic feel could be nice. Or if you’re feeling a little crafty you can get create your own personalized version.

7. Nail Polish

White is definitely the theme of this Spring’s fashion trends. It’s simple and can add an effortless and classic look to your Spring look. If you’re looking to opt out of the plain white trend, bright colors are another way to go. Traditional colors like neutral and rose pink are pretty, but adding a blast of teal, orange, or purple can really set off an outfit. Also, try to create a unique nail polish by using matte nail polish. 

[pagebreak]

Photo credit

urbanoutfitters.com

www.forever21.com

weheartit.com

www.pinterest.com

www.meljoe.com

www.purseblog.com

I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.