Juniata’s First Mysterious Celebrity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Juniata chapter.

It’s been a while since Juniata College had a celebrity on campus. Well, now we do! However, here’s the catch: this person is an anonmyous female, presumably living on the third floor of the Sherwood residence hall. 

Prior to spring break, a mystery person had been secretly leaving yellow post-it notes in the girls’ bathroom on Sherwood third floor. These little sticky notes contained encouraging words, pushing the girls on the third floor of Sherwood to survive the dreadful midterm week right before break began, as well as notes that told them to be careful on Saturday nights as the girls went out to party. From academic encouragement to compliments and telling the girls to “strut their stuff”, these notes sure brought a smile to the faces of many. 

Mysteriously, the notes would appear on the inside of the bathroom door early morning. Despite some missing days, this mystery person has been successful in motivating the girls on the floor to get through rough times. They were even successful in receiving a compliment from another mystery person! 

Compliments are contagious. Let’s keep it spreading, ladies; not just on the third floor of Sherwood, but everywhere on JC’s campus!

As of April 8th, 2015:

The mysterious note writer has officially announced the end of her compliments. However, before she remains anonymous forever, I found a purple post-it note attached to my door this afternoon. It said:

This honestly made my day. So to the anonymous note writer:

Thank you for brightening up my day, as well as the girls of third floor Sherwood. And to me, and probably a lot of other girls, you are worth being called a celebrity.