Campus Cutie: Matthew Colabella

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Juniata chapter.

Campus Cutie: Matthew Colabella

Hometown: Long Island, NY

Program of Emphasis: Environmental Science

Secondary Emphasis: Religious Studies

Graduation Year: 2018

This week’s cutie is our campus’ very own Mr. Juniata, Matthew Colabella! Let’s take a deeper dive into Matt’s bubbly personality and see why he won this year’s competition.

What made you want to be a part of the Mr. Juniata competition?

I lost homecoming king back in senior year. This was my chance at redemption.

For your Mr. Juniata performance, you danced to a mashup of songs by Beyoncé. Why Beyoncé?

Because she is a queen! Everyone knows Beyoncé, whether it be from Destiny’s Child era or now. It leads to a better demographic. And, plus, she is a freaking beast.

In terms of academics, do you think you are on the right path in reaching your future goals?

I think I’m doing pretty well. I am still figuring things out. I came in wanting to do environmental science, but later on added religious studies. That’s the great thing about Juniata. Because it is a liberal arts school, it is conducive in figuring out what and how you are going to go about your studies.

What is one thing you look forward to at Juniata?

Research opportunities; they are very unique here. They are specific to you and what you want to study. You can cultivate what you want to do specifically. It is your own unique opportunity if you choose to take it. You can do it here or abroad, which is also why I look forward to studying abroad.

What campus activities are you involved in?

I play tennis, and I am a member of Eagle Ambassadors and the Catholic Council.

If you were any Disney character, who you would be?

Flynn Rider from Tangled. He is a bad boy who turned into a helpless romantic. He sacrifices himself for the girl he loves. I want to be like him.

What do you look for in a guy?

Someone tall, smart and listens to Taylor Swift, Florence and the Machine, and classical music. He should be culturally aware, humorous and love the fall. Sweaters and beanies are a plus. Also, nothing turns me on more than free Starbucks!