Campus Cutie: Amelia Kepler

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Juniata chapter.

Earlier this past week, Amelia was named as an American Volleyball Coaches Association First-Team All American, the biggest honor on the college volleyball stage. A junior Chemistry P.O.E, she is known by students and faculty alike for her fun, quirky personality and major skills on the volleyball court. I’m sure you all wanted to know a bit more about the gal around campus known affectionately as “Meals.”

Kepler (#4) goes up for what assuredly ends up as a kill at Emory University.

So let’s learn more about this week’s Campus Cutie!

AD: When did you get your start in volleyball?

AK: I started in 7th grade.

AD: What are your favorite activities to do when not on the court?

AK: I’d have to say in the little free time that I have, I like to hang out with my teammates and go watch the other sports teams play! 

AD: Make your case for why volleyball is THE BOMB.

AK: There are so many different aspects of the game which makes it a very unique sport. I think there’s just so much going on that it’s always exciting to watch and play.

AD:  What did you do when you found out you got First Team All-American?

AK: I was on the phone with our head coach Heather Pavlik when she told me, and I just stood there and was absolutely speechless. 

AD: Has volleyball made you a more disciplined individual in the classroom?

AK: Absolutely! I learned that if you do things right the first time it makes your life a whole lot easier. Also, with the schedule we have, you learn how to manage your time because if you don’t, you end up being swamped and stressed when you don’t need to be.

AD: How do you explain volleyball jargon to the everyday person?

AK: Well, that can be hard sometimes especially because we are just so used to it. I usually try and point out things during an actual game so they can see what’s happening as I try and explain it. 

AD: If you were to play any other sport, what would it be and why?

AK: I love watching track meets, so I would probably do that just because I like the atmosphere that surrounds track season.

AD: Any shoutouts?

AK: Big shout out to my teammates! Couldn’t do anything without them and I love them like they are my second family. 

AD: Any favorite pick-up lines?

AK: Do you have a sunburn, or are you always this hot?

Well there you have it, folks! She’s humble and very approachable, so don’t be afraid to congratulate Amelia on her prestigious honor. We look forward to seeing what this killer will bring next season.

Go Eagles!

Juniata Campus Correspondant.