What to Watch While You’re Waiting for Season 2 of The Bold Type

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you were close to tears when you found out The Bold Type won’t be gracing your TV screen until June. As soon as I sat down to watch the first episode I was hooked. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, it’s a show about three young women living in New York City with different careers, relationship issues, and personalities. That being said- if you are looking for something to fill the girl power void in your heart at the moment these shows will definitely do the trick!

1) Sex and the City

This one is a classic and unfortunately no longer on air, but has enough seasons to keep you satisfied! Sarah Jessica Parker rocks her signature curls and honestly has me wishing I was Carrie Bradshaw. Carrie’s friend group gives us inspiration to live our lives with wild abandon and honestly not give a damn about what a man thinks about us. Definitely watch this one with your girls on a Saturday night!

2) Lipstick Jungle

Another Oldie but Goodie…Brooke Shields literally slays in this show. I cried when I watched the last episode because once again I got attached to the all the characters. This show has a very similar plot to The Bold Type but the women are in their early thirties instead of their 20’s. What I like about this show is how realistic the plot lines are. Not all relationships or aspects of our lives end with a happy ever after- and the women on this show definitely experience a wide array of raw emotions.

3) Victoria

If you’re into historical dramas than this is definitely the show for you! Victoria focuses on Queen Victoria’s life and romances. I just started watching this one but I’m already obsessed on how strong and independent Victoria is! She knows what she wants and definitely inspires me to chase after my dreams no matter how big they seem to be.

4) The Mindy Project

Apart from Mindy Kaling being absolutely hilarious, this show is great for a lot of reasons. The main character, Mindy,  is a woman and a doctor working in NYC. If. You haven’t seen this show already I definitely recommend watching it. It’s ridiculously funny but also gives inspiration to women in the workplace everywhere. Seeing a woman having a high profile job as a doctor on TV show makes me hopeful about women aspiring to reach higher in terms of their careers.

I hope you enjoyed this article and I’m wishing all the girl power vibes onto you to hold you over until The Bold Type starts up again!

I am an English major obsessed with fashion, iced coffee, and Disney movies. You can most likely find me in a coffee shop editing on my computer, or taking #OOTD pics for my instagram.
Hello, it's me. Edel (pronounced like the singer), was previously Assistant Social Editor, Video for Her Campus Media. She graduated in May 2018  from James Madison University in with a double major in Media Arts and Design and Communications Studies. Before joining the HC girl gang full-time she was the Campus Correspondent for the JMU Her Campus Chapter. She's an avid social media user, food enthusiast, and shopping extraordinaire. You can catch her taking a coffee break or binge-watching romantic comedies on Netflix.