RIP Uggs: Her Campus’ Winter Shoe Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

With freezing winter temperatures quickly approaching, it’s time to retire the flip-flops and sandals.

Most girls around campus can be seen wearing UGG boots this time of year. They’re comfortable and keep your feet warm, but aren’t there other fashionable options?

There are plenty of popular fashion-forward shoes that will also protect your feet from the cold.

If you’re a moccasin fan, those are always a warm alternative. Minnetonka has a variety of moccasin style shoes to wear, ranging from knee-high boots to the standard moccasin so everyone can be pleased.

The deerskin and moose hide material on the outside coupled with sheep wool on the inside is guaranteed to keep you cozy. 

Bean Boots are a newer trend popping up around campus. L.L. Bean sells these waterproof boots that you may have heard referred to as “duck boots.” 

Steve Madden boots are always fashionable. Madden offers a variety of styles from suede to leather and heels to no heels. Black and brown are the most popular colors women wear around JMU’s campus, but there are plenty more to choose from. If you want more color or style options, just visit their website!

If you need extra warmth, many people are purchasing Hunter fleece socks. These go inside your Hunter boots or rain boots to keep your feet from getting wet and providing heat. 

Chantal Johnson is a senior at James Madison University, studying Media Arts and Design with a concentration in Digital Video and Cinema. Aside from Her Campus JMU, she is involved with University Program Board. Chantal loves hanging out with her friends, listening to her "feel good" playlist on her iPod, or just curling up with a really good book in her spare time. Chantal loves her hometown, Roanoke,Virginia, but can't wait to graduate and explore her opportunities around the world! Within the next 10 years, Chantal's dream job would be becoming "the next Shonda Rhimes"!