Pet Peeves on Campus!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

From the pen clickers to the loud gum chewers, there are many pet peeves that can be witnessed in and out of the classroom.  While I consider myself a happy person, I’m sure we can all agree that there are certain behaviors people do that just get on our last nerve!

Let’s start with the most obvious aggravator: talking in the “quiet zones.” We have all been there, trying to get some studying done when those two chatty girls won’t stop talking.  I’m also sure we have all been guilty of doing the same thing… but for goodness sake take it to Starbucks!

From a person who hates mornings, I cannot stand to be on the bus early only to be rudely awakened by loud people.  Then there are the people who take up the whole sidewalk and you are forced to find ways to sprint around them. 

Then we get into lunchtime, a.k.a. a crazy whirlwind of people cramming into our small dining areas.  Luckily we have a lot of dining options, but it’s still hard to find a table, forcing us to act like vultures whenever it looks like people are about to leave.  My favorite is when one person takes up an entire table to study – personally I don’t know how anyone can get work done in Dukes.  There is also that time when you get stuck behind the person who pays with a credit card and holds up the rest of us with one swipe and you’re done JAC cards.

There are so many little annoying factors that we deal with on a day-to-day basis!  What pet peeves do you girls have on campus? 

Alexa is a junior from Cream Ridge, New Jersey.  She is studying Media Arts & Design with a concentration in Corporate Communication and minors in Creative Writing and Anthropology.  She works for the JMU Office of Residence Life as a Program Adviser and as the Graphics Editor for The Breeze.  She loves watching The Bachelor, pinning to her fashion boards and running outside.   Alexa aspires to work in the glamouous fashion magazine industry in New York City or LA.