Nicolas Acton ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Name: Nicolas Acton

Year: Sophomore

Age: 20

Hometown: McLean, VA

Major/minor: Engineering Major/Math and Physics double Minor

Relationship Status: Single

Interests & Activities: I am in the professional-social Engineering fraternity, Sigma Phi Delta, so fraternity activities with my brothers take up a lot of free time. Also, if you go to UREC at around 6:30AM on any given weekday you can probably find me lifting things up and putting them down in the weight room.

Celebrity Crush: Christina Hendricks from Mad Men…Wow.

What is your Dream Job? I would love to start my own partnership in a firm as a patent attorney. I was interested in law school before I started my BS in Engineering, now I still get to try it.

What is your ideal date? : I enjoy places that have a calm atmosphere with interesting places to explore and sights to take in, like a walk through the National Harbor near DC with dinner at a restaurant overlooking the water.  A classic movie at either of our places is always fun too.

Describe your dream girl: Beautiful and smart. Funny is also nice, but not a necessity.

If you could travel anywhere in the world with your dream girl, where would you go? Italy. I lived in Italy for 3 years and traveled all over Europe with my family. I really miss the experiences I had there and would like to return to share the sights, sounds and tastes with a very special lady someday.

Axe or Old Spice? Old Spice! Axe is for boys, Old Spice is for men! That and I’ll buy anything that Terry Crews and Isaiah Mustafa promote because they’re hilarious.

JMU girls are the best because… You couldn’t ask for a greater collection of the most beautiful, intelligent and remarkable girls in the entire world!

If a girl wants to talk to you, what should she do? Like most other guys, I’m not too good at picking up on the whole “subtlety” thing. If you want to talk to a guy, just do it. I certainly won’t bite.

3 Words that best describe Nic: Ambitious, Comedic, Strapping.

Alexa is a junior from Cream Ridge, New Jersey.  She is studying Media Arts & Design with a concentration in Corporate Communication and minors in Creative Writing and Anthropology.  She works for the JMU Office of Residence Life as a Program Adviser and as the Graphics Editor for The Breeze.  She loves watching The Bachelor, pinning to her fashion boards and running outside.   Alexa aspires to work in the glamouous fashion magazine industry in New York City or LA.