This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

TikTok has taken the world by storm. Starting in 2019 when people were too embarrassed to admit they had an account, to now when people are building influencer careers from the app, everyone has been trying to get a piece of the action. Well, after posting videos for 3 years I FINALLY had a video go viral.

While we can all see that this video took VERY minimal effort, there is something to take away that can help your own content creation: CAPCUT!

CapCut is a video editing app that has recently created a range of templates for TikTok users and they’ve been going viral. The dog template on my video is one that I am sure you are all familiar with. The process was as simple as uploading a picture, adding the template, and BOOM! A hit TikTok with 100k+ likes.

While this strategy isn’t foolproof and there are certain inconsistencies with the algorithm on the app, I say try it for fun. There’s no harm in just posting what you like when you like.

If you are looking to make a career out of Tik Tok, download CapCut and see what kinds of templates are trending! This one took me 5 minutes and look at how well it did. Don’t be afraid to be silly! Those are the best kind of videos. If your For You page is anything like mine, you’ve seen a LOT of CapCut templates with Pedro Pascal or Peeta Mellark edits. As silly as those might seem, it is a great way to gain exposure to your account and build a following.

I have seen Tik Tok influencers grow their accounts by building a community of followers. Find your niche! These templates can be a great way to relate to a specific group/community. Remember that social media is a place to express yourself and create an online identity.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, have fun with it!

Nicole Bell is a fourth-year writing, rhetoric, and technical communication major with a women, gender, and sexuality studies minor. She is always with her cats, Doja Cat and Post Malone, and puppy, Aspen. She daydreams about when she will live in NYC.