This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Happy November! This means not only is fall in full swing, but its almost time to pull out those winter boots and parkas. I have been waiting to go through my closet and pull out all of my favorite boots for this next season. Here are some of my personal favorites.

Rain Boots

I wear mine all the time. While I have the tall black hunters (basic, I know but I love them) I really want a pair of short rain boots, so they are on my list this fall. I love the bright colored boots to cheer up a dark rainy day!

UGGs

Again, I know they are so basic, but they are practically essential if you want to survive the cold winters in the mountains. I have had the same pair of UGGS since 6th grade (that’s right… I was 12 when I got them) and they are still going strong, so they are a great winter option. Plus, in college no one really cares what you wear in the winter, because we are all suffering those long walks across campus together. 

Booties

These are such a cute way to spice up any outfit. I am in love with my booties. They do a great job of making jeans a sweater look so much nicer. They are such a staple in my wardrobe and I find I am always reaching for them in the morning.

Snow Boots / Bean Boots

I don’t have a pair of bean boots, but my snow boots are a similar style and an essential for those snowy days (and not snowy days, let’s be honest). There is nothing worse than wearing shoes in the snow and sitting in class with wet socks for the next hour.

Riding Boots

These are such a staple in my closet. They are so cute and so easy and spice up any outfit. When it comes to basic boots and a simple go to for fall and winter, these are my must.

Happy shopping and happy boot season! 

Xoxo

Gracie 

Grace is a Senior Media Art and Design major at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia. She has lived in Virginia her whole life, but plans on moving to New York City after graduation. Gracie loves to travel and plans on being a travel writer post-grad. Her favorite places to visit were either Munich, Germany, or Cusco, Peru. Besides Her Campus, Gracie is in Gamma Phi Beta, works as the Creative Coordinator for Bluestone Communications JMU, and writes for the culture section of The Breeze, JMU's newspaper.
School of Media Arts and Design student with a concentration in Interactive Design. Campus Correspondent for the JMU chapter of Her Campus, Campus Coordinator for Rent the Runway on Campus, and Social Media Marketing Intern for Auntie Anne's.