This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.
When you’re dismissed really early on the first day of class to buy your supplies… 

After you’ve purchased the supplies and realize that you’re now broke… 

When a professor to tells you to buy a specific, obscure tool that’s pretty expensive and you don’t use it at all…

When everyone has nothing but nice things to say about your work during critique… 

But then there is one person who has to ruin it… 

If you ever had Diane Banks you were probably like… 

Now you’re like…

Your first figure drawing class, you were like… 

Now you’re like… 

When you get Rick as a model (because he is the only one who can hold a pose) … 

When you have to pull ANOTHER all-nighter for a project…

When your art is definitely not the worst in the class…

When you come into the studio on your own time to work and you get the space to yourself… 

When someone comes in… 

When Ken Szmagi compares your artistic style to the greats that came before you… 

When professors tamper with your art because they think they are making it better… 

When you make a specific work of art just because and someone says something believes holds a more profound and significant meaning… 

When your professor tells you to go one way with your project, then at critique express how they dislike your approach and they wonder why you did it… 

Going to an ArtWorks openings to attend student shows… 

When other majors think that we just color with Crayola crayons like five year olds and do nothing all day… 

You know you’ve worked too much on art for one day when you feel like this … 

How you feel now when people ask what you’re going to do with your degree for the billionth time…

Waiting for Duke Hall to be finished… 

B.F.A., Studio Art, PrintmakingTrack II Honors Student