This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.
The word “independent” has never been more correctly used
than when describing Kiandra Nash. At the young age of 20, Kiandra has experienced and accomplished a large and increasing number of life goals.Kiandra is a junior at James Madison University and is a proud Social Work major.

Besides her 18+ credit hours she earns each semester, Kiandra
works as a full time server at Union Station in Harrisonburg, Virginia. The job entails a cumbersome work load. This hefty schedule hinders her studies; however, she keeps a tight grip on her school work. Achieving a steady GPA, Kiandra strives to push her limits and to increase it even higher. 

You would think such an overwhelming schedule would tire her out, but this superwoman keeps going. Kiandra makes time for volunteer work for personal fulfillment and to execute her studious responsibilities. She has been an avid volunteer at the Amelia Nursing Home in her hometown in addition to working with the Mercy House
and the Sunnyside retirement home in Harrisonburg. As if that isn’t
enough, Kiandra, is working at the Rockingham Memorial Hospital
as a care management intern.

Of course, Kiandra enjoys her down time when she isn’t tackling her ever busy schedule. Other than hanging out with her awesome roommates, shopping and cooking are two of her favorite ways to escape from anything and everything. Like most young women, Kiandra loves the pastime of shopping, but this fashionable girl finds the best of the best with no compromises. The things she likes are expensive, but Kiandra likes to incorporate nice things in her life by saving up for them. “The rewarding feeling you get when you buy an online or in-store purchase for something you have been waiting months to have is priceless- and the wait is worth it.”
Kiandra is a driven individual indeed and an inspirational woman. Helping others is something in which Kiandra finds fulfillment. You will never catch her boasting or bragging about a morally good thing she had done that day; instead she will ask you how your day was and listen with interest. Her bright smile and genuine attitude cannot be missed and her graciousness explains her passion for giving. With confidence that outdoes her shine and with humor that cannot be missed, this superwoman will not go unseen. 
Chantal Johnson is a senior at James Madison University, studying Media Arts and Design with a concentration in Digital Video and Cinema. Aside from Her Campus JMU, she is involved with University Program Board. Chantal loves hanging out with her friends, listening to her "feel good" playlist on her iPod, or just curling up with a really good book in her spare time. Chantal loves her hometown, Roanoke,Virginia, but can't wait to graduate and explore her opportunities around the world! Within the next 10 years, Chantal's dream job would be becoming "the next Shonda Rhimes"!