This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Ranging in prices, styles, colors, and patterns, Hunter rain boots have become a major fashion statement (even on days when it’s not raining). The not-so-affordable boot dates back to the year 1865 to the one and only American entrepreneur, Mr. Henry Lee Norris. The boot itself is made up of 28 parts and yet, I have to wonder why anyone would want to spend $100 or more on rain boots!? Who am I kidding, I totally want a pair!

Not only does the brand carry rain boots for women, men, and kids, but it also has a wide variety of socks, outerwear, handbags, umbrellas, and care products. There are three collections to the Hunter rain boot: the original boot, the riding boot, and the balmoral collection, so you too can stand out from the crowd.

Don’t be afraid to style the boot year around with a dress, leggings, jeans, or even shorts.

(Picture courtesy of http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=hunter+rain+boots&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=392F20371988B54A039AF85E32772D9EAC263CC9&selectedIndex=515)

Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.