Help JMU become ‘the Most Stylish School in America!’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Dear Style Savvy Ladies of James Madison University,

Stylitics and Her Campus are hosting a nation-wide competition to identify the most style savvy campus and students in America. The ‘Most Stylish Campus in America’ contest officially launches Monday, April 16th and will conclude on May 10th when five schools will be chosen as finalists.  A panel of fashion and style experts will review the Style Profiles of the top five schools and students. Fifty students will be named the ’50 Most Stylish Students’ and will receive brand name gift cards as well as be showcased on HerCampus.com.

Stylitics is an easy, online way to manage your personal style, connect with your favorite brands, and receive awards and perks for doing so! Companies have student representatives at over 220 campuses across the nation. (So if you weren’t already in the know, you are now!) So now I’m betting that you are ready to get started and help JMU reach stylish school status, right? 

Head over to www.stylitics.com and begin earning points for JMU by creating a profile and “liking” and following profiles which will include your style icons, favorite purchases, and fabulous places you adore. Each action you take on Stylitics earns JMU points, so get to sharing your closet! It’s so simple to log in to Stylitics with Facebook, especially when scrolling down your newsfeed wasn’t productive in the first place.

You’ll be participating in a fabulous activity that Hollywood has already caught on to. Style Profiles have been created by various fashionable people including One Tree Hill star Kate Voegele and Rachel Zoe stylist Jeremiah Brent. Even fictional characters like Miss Piggy and Hunger Games protagonist and narrator Katniss Everdeen have Stylitics profiles! I’m thinking the Duke Dog should have one too!

For an example, check out my Stylitics Style Profile at www.stylitics.com/johannah.  (Shameless plug: once you create yours, follow my profile and I’ll follow you back!)  

Don’t make the mistake of thinking that you have no chance of winning “Top 50 Stylish Students” — you never know what the style judges might see in your closet. Let’s earn those points and the title of ‘Most Stylish Campus in America.’ After all, our school is about 60 percent FEMALES…we can do this! ...Though I am not forgetting about our stylish male counterparts – if you know a guy with a sense of personal style, invite him to join too! Go Dukes!

Alexa is a junior from Cream Ridge, New Jersey.  She is studying Media Arts & Design with a concentration in Corporate Communication and minors in Creative Writing and Anthropology.  She works for the JMU Office of Residence Life as a Program Adviser and as the Graphics Editor for The Breeze.  She loves watching The Bachelor, pinning to her fashion boards and running outside.   Alexa aspires to work in the glamouous fashion magazine industry in New York City or LA.