HC JMU Vlog: The 20 Dollar Make-Up Challenge

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

The $20 makeup challenge was a very popular “tag” video on YouTube throughout early 2012.  It was created for makeup gurus and stylists so they would step away from their normal tutorials filled with high-end beauty products, and finally use the items that are accessible to every person on an every day basis. I wanted to bring this video back to the Her Campus JMU channel to enlighten people in the same way. It’s important to realize, especially as a freshman who is just settling in and understanding the college budget, that cheaper products and purchases can really be just as good as the department store finds. Personally, my main guilty pleasure when shopping is anything cosmetics or beauty related. This video was a true hallenge but now a great lesson for us both that a fresh and easy every day makeup look can be created from a single 20 dollar bill!

Alexa is a junior from Cream Ridge, New Jersey.  She is studying Media Arts & Design with a concentration in Corporate Communication and minors in Creative Writing and Anthropology.  She works for the JMU Office of Residence Life as a Program Adviser and as the Graphics Editor for The Breeze.  She loves watching The Bachelor, pinning to her fashion boards and running outside.   Alexa aspires to work in the glamouous fashion magazine industry in New York City or LA.