This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

This past summer I went with my best friend to New York City, and it was literally the most amazing experience ever. She lives about an hour north of the city, so I requested off work for the weekend and drove six hours from DC to New York for the weekend. Look out for more articles on our trip, because I have so much to say about New York City, but for today I want to talk about the Glossier Showroom in Soho. 

The first stop on our trip was Nomo Soho (see the pic below.) After we got our fair share of pictures, we started the walk to Glossier. We turn the corner and basically ran into it. We got in line and waited patiently as someone in a Glossier pantsuit handed us a red umbrella to shade the bright New York sun.

We had to wait for about thirty minutes, but let me tell you… it was so worth the wait. We walked up stairs and walked into makeup and skincare heaven. It was packed full of  people so we went to the back room where they had their face masks, cleansers, and serums. After testing everything we could in that room we decided to take on the main room.

I tried literally everything they had to offer from blush to eyeliner to their iconic lip balm (Balm Dotcom). Once I decided what I wanted (Birthday Cake Balm Dotcom that I currently have on my lips and wear literally every day), we went up to a worker in the bright pink pant suit and ordered on an iPad. We then went to the front bar to wait.

The man behind the front bar finally said “Gracie” as my product was coming down the conveyor belt, and there we have it… I got the lip balm. 

The Glossier Showroom was for sure an experience, and one I recommend if you are ever wondering around New York City. The showroom is so aesthetically pleasing and innovative. So is this the new way to shop? I don’t think so. It took a long time, was packed, and could have been made so much easier. But was this such a cool experience that I think everyone should see? For sure! It was so unique and creative. I felt important and boujee. 

Xoxo

Gracie 

Grace is a Senior Media Art and Design major at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia. She has lived in Virginia her whole life, but plans on moving to New York City after graduation. Gracie loves to travel and plans on being a travel writer post-grad. Her favorite places to visit were either Munich, Germany, or Cusco, Peru. Besides Her Campus, Gracie is in Gamma Phi Beta, works as the Creative Coordinator for Bluestone Communications JMU, and writes for the culture section of The Breeze, JMU's newspaper.
School of Media Arts and Design student with a concentration in Interactive Design. Campus Correspondent for the JMU chapter of Her Campus, Campus Coordinator for Rent the Runway on Campus, and Social Media Marketing Intern for Auntie Anne's.