Feeling Domestic? Try these Valentine’s Day Recipes!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Cooking, for me, is an excellent stress reliever: You’re focused on a specific task and tuned into the details so you’re not worrying about that philosophy paper or that cute guy who hasn’t called you back. And that’s not even mentioning the delicious final product! Here are a few simple recipes, some inspired by Valentine’s Day, some not, to treat yourself and the people you care about too:

Four Words: Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies

Healthy Sweet Potato Skins From ‘Pinch of Yum’

Creamy Avocado Pasta…bonus, it’s vegan!

Molten Chocolate Cakes if you’re feeling adventurous

Chicken Fajitas, YUM

Play around the kitchen with your friends or significant other this Valentine’s Day and feel satisfied knowing you made a delicious meal and (hopefully) didn’t set anything on fire.

Chantal Johnson is a senior at James Madison University, studying Media Arts and Design with a concentration in Digital Video and Cinema. Aside from Her Campus JMU, she is involved with University Program Board. Chantal loves hanging out with her friends, listening to her "feel good" playlist on her iPod, or just curling up with a really good book in her spare time. Chantal loves her hometown, Roanoke,Virginia, but can't wait to graduate and explore her opportunities around the world! Within the next 10 years, Chantal's dream job would be becoming "the next Shonda Rhimes"!