Fall at Your Fingertips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

What do metallics, dark colors, nudes, and sparkles have in common?  They are all popular nail polish trends for Fall!  We have turned over a new leaf and what better way to say good-bye to summer (and lots of corals) than by spicing up your nails with trendy colors for this season?

The best thing about nail polish is that you can experiment with different colors as much as you’d like. One week you may be feeling a metallic to channel your inner rock-star, but by the following week you want to tone down your look with a simple nude (remember to go two shades above your skin tone!).

Nail polish is all about experimentation and fun. Dark, bold colors like military green could spice up just about any fall look, all while keeping fashion-forward around campus.  With all of these great colors, I know it’s going to be hard to settle on just one at a time. What is your favorite nail polish color for fall?

Allie Smith is a senior Writing Rhetoric and Technical Communication major, Human Resource Development minor at James Madison University. She is a contributing writer and Campus Correspondent of HC at her school. Allie is from Richmond, Virginia where she loves to hang out with friends, shop, shop, shop, and go to the beach in the summer. She is interested in Social Media (big fan of Twitter- follow her @alliemsmith). In addition to writing for HerCampus, Allie loves to travel. She just got back from studying abroad in Australia where she had the time of her life. Allie also loves to cook... even though she claims she isn't very good.
Alexa is a junior from Cream Ridge, New Jersey.  She is studying Media Arts & Design with a concentration in Corporate Communication and minors in Creative Writing and Anthropology.  She works for the JMU Office of Residence Life as a Program Adviser and as the Graphics Editor for The Breeze.  She loves watching The Bachelor, pinning to her fashion boards and running outside.   Alexa aspires to work in the glamouous fashion magazine industry in New York City or LA.