This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Feeling stumped, bored or just want to do something to relax? Take a look at these eight treats that are quick, easy to make and delicious! Better yet, they’re just in time for the fall season.

Halloween Oreo brownies

Brownies, chocolate and Oreos, oh my! A brilliant combination of my three favorite things. I mean, hey, who doesn’t love Oreos? The Halloween-themed ones are my favorite! This pack comes with Oreos stamped with different Halloween-esque designs, like spiderwebs, jack-o’-lanterns, witches, ghosts and bats. These will add a little bit of sparkle to your Oreo brownies, and keep with the theme of the holiday! Not only does the taste of these brownies make them worth the effort, but they’ll make your house smell like you’re standing in the middle of a bakery. This rich, chocolatey dessert is the best way to start off the holiday season. I can assure you it’ll be a fan-favorite among your friends and roommates!

apple donuts

Now, this may not be the type of donut you’re thinking of, but it is equally delicious! There’s no specific way to make this recipe; you just need three items: apples, chocolate and coconut oil! All you have to do is core and cut your apples into horizontal slices, melt your chocolate with a spoonful of coconut oil, dip the apple slices into the chocolate mixture and leave them on a pan to harden! It’s quick, easy and a healthy alternative to your typical donut. I love to use Granny Smith apples, but this recipe is completely customizable. You can use any type of apple or chocolate, and, if you’re feeling a little crazy, feel free to add a sprinkle of coarse salt or fall-themed sprinkles on top!

Caramel Popcorn

While popcorn is a great snack on its own, this caramel popcorn recipe brings it to a whole new level. This combination of salty and sweet is the perfect treat to munch on during your Halloween movie marathons. It’s even perfect to scoop into small bags and hand out as little gifts to your family, friends, professors and coworkers! By itself or thrown into a trail mix, caramel popcorn will be a great addition to your folder of fall recipes.

caramel corn
Photo by sputnik distributed under a CC BY-ND 2.0 license
hot dog spiders

Not everyone has a sweet tooth, so if you’re looking for something with a little bit more of a savory taste, this one’s for you! This recipe is short, simple and super cute. Whether you make it for a potluck or just as a little snack to get you through the day, I can assure you it’ll be a hit with everyone around you!

mini apple pies

Apple pies are a classic and a must-have at the table for the fall holidays. Even though it’s good enough on its own, my favorite addition to a slice of pie is either whipped cream or vanilla ice cream! These bite-sized mini apple pies are delicious and only require a few ingredients, most of which you probably already have in your kitchen.

P.S. If you’re a little lazy, like me, you can also use canned apple filling instead of making the filling from scratch!

butterscotch haystacks

This recipe is a little new to me, but I promise you it’s worth it. Nothing screams fall like the sweet, smooth taste of butterscotch. While the base of the recipe only requires two ingredients, you have creative freedom to add anything else to the haystacks; you can even make your own butterscotch if you want!

chai tea cookies

Picture this: it’s the first day of fall, and you’re finally ready to wear sweaters and jeans with your cute fall boots that have been sitting in the back of your closet since spring. You swing by the campus coffee shop and get a hot chai tea latte to warm your hands as you walk to your next class. I mean, what can top that feeling? Well, I have an answer: a chai tea cookie. This webpage follows Taylor Swift’s famous chai tea cookie recipe that she often makes around the holidays. Now you can do it, too!

caramel apple bites

This three-ingredient recipe is one that I have been making for years, because it’s super easy and quick! All you need are green apples, Rolo candies and mini pretzel twists. Slice your green apples into cubes and layer your ingredients on a toothpick in this order: apple, Rolo, pretzel. As a result, you’ll get a sweet, salty and sour kabob that wraps all of the holiday flavors into one bite-sized treat.

Taryn is a junior Biology major with minors in Pre-Veterinary Medicine and WGSS Studies. On the weekends, you can usually catch her adding recipes to her baking list while listening to her favorite albums on vinyl. She's also involved in GIVE, an international volunteer organization, and volunteering at the RSPCA. Taryn's been writing since as long as she can remember and has loved every second of it.