Dating Deal breakers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

We’ve all met those guys — the ones that do or say something ridiculous and then immediately it’s over. Pet-peeves, annoyances, irks – whatever you call them – we all have our own set of dating deal breakers!

If you’re like a lot of girls I know, “No-Shave-November” is exactly that— a big no-no! We understand how annoying it can be to constantly have to shave, but at some point it is time to lay the caveman title to rest and get grooming.  That being said, if it takes a guy longer to get ready that it does for you, red flags may be flying high soon. Guys who take too much pride in their appearance turn off a lot of women.

Let’s not forget one of the oldest battles of all time: the very blurred line between confident vs. cocky. Of course, women want a man who is confident in himself and one that could himself well.  Just remember: one step could bring a guy from confident to cocky which, to many women, is also a big turnoff.

Of course, there are some women who love the cocky ones, some women who adore the “no-shave-November” fanatics, and some women who are completely put off by other iks.  The whole point of dating deal breakers is that they are uniquely your own. Your dislike for something could be another’s favorite quality!

So collegiettes™, what breaks the deal for you?

Alexa is a junior from Cream Ridge, New Jersey.  She is studying Media Arts & Design with a concentration in Corporate Communication and minors in Creative Writing and Anthropology.  She works for the JMU Office of Residence Life as a Program Adviser and as the Graphics Editor for The Breeze.  She loves watching The Bachelor, pinning to her fashion boards and running outside.   Alexa aspires to work in the glamouous fashion magazine industry in New York City or LA.