Best Of: Campus Food Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

JMU has been nationally ranked for its great campus food for 11 years straight. Woo, go Dukes! If there is something you are craving, I guarantee you can find it somewhere on campus! We are definitely spoiled with all of our options, so go out and try something new. Here are my top picks for food around campus!

Best Comfort Food: Three words: grilled cheese Thursdays. Nothing is more comforting than cheesy-goodness between two perfectly toasted pieces of bread with tomato soup. Top Dog does a great punch deal that includes 2 grilled cheeses, a cup of tomato soup and a drink. Festival, just last year, added a specialty grilled cheese station that has many great custom-made sandwiches. D-Hall also makes wonderful grilled cheeses!

Best Healthy Option: If you want to get some bang for your buck, then Mrs. Greens is the place to go. There is a huge salad bar complete with many toppings and dressings. Mrs. Greens also serves pasta and soup, among other goodies. You can’t go wrong!

Best Desserts: Chocolate lava cakes, s’mores cookies, ice cream, assorted cakes and pies; I could go on and on about the desserts at E-Hall! Everything is made fresh and tastes amazing! Have no shame in eating ice cream and a cookie…or two or three.

Best New Place to Eat: Froyo shops seem to be taking over the world, and I am not complaining about it. When JMU announced they were putting Red Mango in Top Dog, I was extremely excited! There are both fruity and chocolate options for froyo along with many toppings including fruit, brownies and other yummy options. I mean it is yogurt, so it’s totally healthy, right?

Best Variety: Festival has everything from burgers to pasta to crepes to sandwiches to Chinese and more. If you are in that mood where you’re not sure what you want to eat, Festival is a great option because you have everything to choose from. Try a fresh fruit crepe, hamburger with guacamole, or even a southern comfort of barbeque and cornbread.

Source: http://www.campusdish.com/en-US/CSMA/JMU
Photo Source: https://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=412721461977

Chantal Johnson is a senior at James Madison University, studying Media Arts and Design with a concentration in Digital Video and Cinema. Aside from Her Campus JMU, she is involved with University Program Board. Chantal loves hanging out with her friends, listening to her "feel good" playlist on her iPod, or just curling up with a really good book in her spare time. Chantal loves her hometown, Roanoke,Virginia, but can't wait to graduate and explore her opportunities around the world! Within the next 10 years, Chantal's dream job would be becoming "the next Shonda Rhimes"!