This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Want to go to Amsterdam, London or Paris for New Years? Or would you rather be in Ireland for St. Patty’s day?  Indulge in the traveling experience with what EF College Break has to offer!

To travel is to have ambition, motivation, and well, money. As collegeaged individuals, we are all under the dilemma of having the desire to see the world, but not enough cash to do so. Money has always been a huge part of the dilemma- Will I be able to afford it? Can I save up now and have enough for two weeks in Europe? JMU student, Brian Rather, has the answers.

Rather is the College Break Campus Manager for the company EF College Break; his job is to promote the company and its offers to, specifically, JMU students. The company offers cheap trips ranging from 10-35 days in over 25 countries! Depending on which trip you choose and how long you decide to travel, prices fluctuate. EFCB also has an option of a monthly payment plan so the trips you choose will be much more affordable.

Say you don’t want to be too much of a tourist, the system that EF College Break has allows their customers to do things on their own and site-see places as they wish. It’s similar to studying abroad, but minus the classes!

Interested in backpacking across Europe, Africa, or Asia? EF College Break offers this, too! Though this activity is only promised with the 35-day trips, Rather stated that it is a backpacking trip worthwhile and an experience never forgotten.

All trips are with all college-aged kids. From ages 18-25, the travel experience is for young adults looking to mature culturally with people from all around the world. EF College Break creates groups of diverse people from all around the country to fulfill an interesting vacation. Going by yourself is not at all difficult either; the groups in which you travel also have solo people, interested in meeting others. Traveling in groups is strongly encouraged; though it is not frowned upon if you’d like to travel by yourself, say for a self-discovery trip like in Eat, Pray, Love!

As EF College Break says, “Be a Traveler.” Students always want to do more with their lives and share new experiences with others or themselves. Get out there and see the world- don’t be shy! Imagine the possibilities and travel all over!

Contact information:
Interested? To get a discount off of your travel and to help promote Brian Rather’s excellent work for the company, enter in this code when you decide to engage in these opportunities- JMU 3930.  For more information email ratherbm@dukes.jmu.edu!

Alexa is a junior from Cream Ridge, New Jersey.  She is studying Media Arts & Design with a concentration in Corporate Communication and minors in Creative Writing and Anthropology.  She works for the JMU Office of Residence Life as a Program Adviser and as the Graphics Editor for The Breeze.  She loves watching The Bachelor, pinning to her fashion boards and running outside.   Alexa aspires to work in the glamouous fashion magazine industry in New York City or LA.