This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

We have all been there: you wake up with twenty minutes to spare before you need to go to class. But don’t fear! These hacks will literally save you from those awful mornings.

1. Braids FTW

Braids are an awesome alternative to the basic messy bun. Instead of breaking out the straightner or curling iron, opt for a quick french braid to still look fabulous in half the time.

2. Have a go-to makeup routine

Having a basic makeup routine is critical to having a quicker getting-ready time. It can simply be just a BB cream/moisturizer and some mascara, or a full Kim K contoured look. So, how do you cut the time down? Well, the more you know how and what you’re doing, the less amount of time it will take to do.

3. Dry Shampoo Saves Lives

Going to the gym before class, or just don’t have time to wash your hair? Dry shampoo will literally become your religion. Not only does it make your hair less greasy and more shiny, but it also will make your hair smell amazing in literally five seconds.

4. Don’t skip skin care

Wear and tear can appear on your face from the stress of those midterms and the fatigue from that late night study session in Carrier. Having a simple skin care routine, such as cleanser and moisturizer, will keep these things from being visible. Plus, it will give you the confidence of having fresh and clean skin!

5. Green tea works wonders

By simply switching your morning latte for a cup of green tea, you get amazing effects as well as the caffeine found in coffee. Green tea has antioxidants that are good for your body. The caffeine and antioxidants are also great for keeping your youthful skin looking like you got a wonderful 12 hours of sleep!

Senior English Major with a concentration in Creative Writing. Proud dog mom that consumes too much green tea. Planning to attend Graduate School for Strategic Public Relations and Digital Media. 
Rachel graduated from the Honors College at James Madison University in May 2017 and is pursuing a career in the media/PR industry. She majored in Media Arts & Design with a concentration in journalism and minored in Spanish and Creative Writing. She loves spending time with friends and family, traveling, and going to the beach.