4 Cheap Makeup Finds That Really Work

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

While the weather doesn’t indicate it, spring is right around the corner. This means spring cleaning, and if you’re as obsessive compulsive about your living area as I am, that will include organizing clothes and old make up you haven’t worn in months. It’s good to throw out some make up every six months (mascara, eyeliner) and others yearly (older eye shadows and lip glosses). As college students, the budget is always tight – who has the money to spend on a new Naked palette from Urban Decay or the newest shade of Sephora lipstick? Her Campus found some quality products that students around campus use that are fabulous and affordable.

1. Eye shadowE.l.f. eye shadow palettes ($15.00)

These palettes feature a wide range of colors and also come in a neutral version as well. The eye shadow applies smoothly and won’t fade too fast, making it perfect for class, a night out, or anything in between.

2. MascaraCovergirl Bombshell Volume by Lashblast mascara (approx. $9-10)

What makes this mascara such a great find, other than how well it works, is the 2-in-1 deal! The Lashblast mascara involves a two-step process to apply; first, use the extreme volume basecoat. Next, finish off with the intensifying top coat.

3. Lip glossVictoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Shiny Kiss flavored gloss ($9.00)

These glosses are a more updated and fun version of their popular Beauty Rush predecessors. There are 26 exciting different colors to choose from. Can’t decide? Good thing Victoria’s Secret offers 2 for $15 specials as well as 4 for $20.

4. FoundationMaybelline Dream Liquid Mousse ($8.99)

As a huge fan of this foundation, I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a full-coverage foundation guarantee with a light feel (your pores will thank you). The foundation comes in 12 shades ranging from Porcelain Ivory to Cocoa, so no matter what skin tone you have you will be able to find the perfect match!

I am a junior at JMU studying Media Arts & Design- Corporate Communication. I am a member of Phi Mu Fraternity in addition to Her Campus! I was born in Troy, OH and grew up in both Kings Mountain, NC and Richmond, VA. I am the oldest child, the only blonde in my immediate family, and the only one who has 20/20 vision.