This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

I fell in love with photography around freshman year of high school and since then I’ve done several photoshoots with my friends, either taking photos of them or modeling. The cover photo is from one of the photoshoots I had with a photography friend. Especially after coming to college, I’ve been inspired by my friends who are also photo enthusiasts. Over the years, I’ve collected some photoshoot ideas but just never had the time to carry them out. Seeing new places also gives me new ideas. Here’s just a small sample of the photoshoots I would love to be involved with in the future, perhaps any photographers or models out there can also get some ideas for their next project too.

Peabody Library

The library has gorgeous architecture and the books can give an antique feel to the photos. The attire for the shoot should be somewhat formal and some nice professional photos can be taken here.

Graffiti Alley/Streetwear

For this photoshoot idea, I’m envisioning black face masks, skateboards, lollipops, and bucket hats. The vibe of this shoot would be semi-rough and cool. Lighting would be pretty crucial to add extra effects.

Playground

The playground photoshoot can either be a cute, childish photoshoot where the models have cute clothing and pose in a childlike manner, or a nostalgic photoshoot where the models would give off a sense of sadness.

Smoke Bomb

Smoke bombs can be a bit expensive but the effects can be amazing. A dark environment with a single stream of spotlight should be ideal. This photoshoot is mainly a colorplay and can create cool profile pictures.

Sunset

Sunrise and sunset are the best times for taking photos because the lighting gives subjects a pretty glow. A sunset photoshoot at the beach can be really cute, especially if the models are a couple. The glow of the sun can also be perfect for creating a warm effect for teams and groups.

Hopefully, this article can serve as the springboard for ideas for you. For me, photography is my time machine and creative box. Photographs are like tiny beads of frozen memory, each with an emotional tie to a moment of my existence. Every photograph reflects feelings and experiences like a mirror, reminding me of the things, places, and people I love. Photography is a hobby, a passion, a voice and a perspective.

Aileen comes from California and is currently a sophomore at JHU. Her favorite hobbies include photography and art. Cats, snacks and naps is her go-to comfort routine.