HC Sorority Life: Little Gift Ideas You HAVEN’T Thought Of

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

Getting friend requests from people like Lovinmy littleLauren, RedHotRebecca Ismylittle, and SoStokedfor MylittleSophia? You know what that means- Secret Week, the week where littles are given lavish gifts from their loving, yet secret bigs, is rapidly approaching. As fun as it is for the littles, serenaded by earnest yet emasculated fraternity men and showered with presents from their older sisters, things are no walk in the park for the soon-to-be bigs. Secret Week can get very expensive and the time commitment is serious. On a campus where it seems as though it’s all been done, it gets challenging to find unique Secret Week ideas for your little. If you’re feeling stuck, here are 7 ideas for your little that are both heartfelt AND guaranteed to please!

1)Dinner at a restaurant for two: Have your little and a friend go to her favorite restaurant- and have a table and gift certificate for two waiting for her when she arrives!

2)A ticket to the aquarium: Who doesn’t love the fishies? Get your little a ticket to the aquarium with a dolphin show pass for her and a friend!

3)Flowers: Flowers aren’t just from boyfriends! Treat your little to a vase of fresh flowers when you decorate her room.

4)Gift certificate for a massage: Everyone knows Hopkins is tough and there isn’t much time to relax- so give your little a gift certificate for a massage at the Towson Mall!

5)Breakfast in bed: Who needs FFC breakfast when you can have pancakes in bed courtesy of your big? Have a dashing pledge deliver your little her favorite breakfasts foods straight to her room in the morning!

6)Homemade quilt: Feeling crafty? Find directions to making a snuggly patchwork quilt for your little! This will be a keepsake that will both last for a long time and also keep her warm in the yucky Baltimore winters.

7)Family Lineage: Leave your little a poster board with a “lineage” of your family traced back to your big^5 (or even earlier!). Just don’t let her see it until Revelation!