This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

During the colder seasons people tend to fall into a rut and not want to do anything. There are so many fun and easy crafts you can do to keep cozy and decorate your home with. Take the time to curl up by the fire and do some old-school crafting to get you into the winter spirit! All the supplies you need for these crafts can be found at any big name or local craft store.

Chunky hand knit blankets

What you need:

• chunky yarn

This is literally the easiest way to get one of the comfiest blankets ever. They don’t take that much time either so you can probably make a couple as gifts as well! Check out this great video for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=83&v=vJ5reDtwddk

Paper snowflakes

What you need:

• construction paper
  •  Scissors

This is such an easy craft that you probably did all the time as a kid! Grab some construction paper or even just plain printer paper and hang a bunch around your home. There are templates and videos online but it’s also fun to make your own patterns. 

No sew pillows

What you need:

• Fleece
  • Stuffing
  • Scissors

No sewing skills needed for this pillow! Cut out 2 pieces of some winter themed fabric in whatever shape you want, cut slits along all four edges, tie three sides together, stuff the pillow, tie off the last row, and you’re done! This pillow is another great gift for you family and friends.

Mason jar candles

What you need:

• Mason jars (or any glass)
  • tissue paper
  •  Modge podge
  • elmers glue
  • Paintbrush
  • Real or fake candles
  • This little candle holder is a quick way to add some fun color to your space. Cut out different colors of tissue paper to create a winter scene or pattern and paint them on to the outside of your mason jar using Elmers glue. Modge podge is a great way to secure everything after it dries and get a smooth texture but it’s totally optional. Just make sure if you’re using real candles that the glue you’re using isn’t flammable.
Sam Miller

Jefferson '21

Hi! I'm Sam, I'm a fashion design major, my favorite color is purple and I love to sew, dance, and go on Pinterest.