Why Twitter is Better Than Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

If you’re a millennial, you definitely have come across the infamous apps Twitter and Instagram. Most people enjoy Instagram because it is easy to use and entertaining. It can be used for a number of things such as running a fitness account, as a marketing tool (or pyramid schemes…lol), an art account, or a personal account that is simply used to show your personality and pictures of yourself/what you’re up to now a days–which is often what people use it for. Don’t get me wrong I am an avid Instagram user, but here are a few reasons why Twitter is better than Instagram:

1. It is a no judge zone

Twitter is known for its hilarious content, most of which is raw and unfiltered. This is a top reason why I use Twitter, because most of the tweets are relatable and there are so many new funny videos that surface every week.

2. You don’t even have to tweet

To use Twitter, you don’t even need to tweet anything if you don’t want to. It’s minimal work and you still get to like and retweet all the Twitter funnies that are out there.

3. Celebrities use it too

Personally, when I read celebrities tweets it is a reminder that they are people too, and even though they live very different lives than us, they still have things they want to say sometimes without it having to be an interview. Twitter makes it possible for celebrities to share their thoughts and opinions with all their fans within seconds. Also, who wouldn’t want to read a good celeb clap back/thread? (Honorable mention to Lil Nas…he understands the “Twitterverse” like no other.)

4. It’s a de-stresser

When I’m having a bad day, I scroll through Twitter or look through my Twitter likes and retweets because they are so funny and always put me in a good mood.

5. You can DM funny tweets to your friends

If your friends don’t already have Twitter, tell them to get it so you can ugly laugh about the tweets in person together because they are so relatable.

6. It is basically all of the memes on Instagram before it’s on Instagram

All of the “funny” accounts on Instagram are just screenshots of tweets anyway! Twitter is the OG…and always will be.

7. It is not only used for humor

It’s also used for current events which can range from politics, natural disasters, sports and reality show updates, and other pop-culture buzz (my personal favorite)…all which you can live tweet about while they are happening.

Lastly, Twitter always has vine threads that come up every once in a blue moon…and I have not met a single soul that didn’t mourn the death of Vine.

And there you have it, all the reasons why Twitter is the superior app.

Disclaimer: No hate, no shade, no tea to those who prefer Insta <3

Occupational Therapy student! I am an Aquarius, I love sleeping, music, and working out :)